Water Baptism - The Triple Seal of God
T he Triple Seal of God
1 John 5:6-8 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness. because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, the water and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Leviticus 14 The Cleansing of the Leper
1. Washing in Water.
2. Triple Application of Blood.
3. Threefold anointing of oil on the blood on the right ear, the right thumb, and the great toe of the right foot.
John 3:3,5 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptised every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
The Tabernacle of Moses comprised three compartments, the Outer Court, the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place.
4. Exodus 12-14 The Baptism of a Nation
The Blood of the Passover Lamb, the Waters of Separation of the Red Sea and the Glory Cloud of the Presence of God.
Mark 16:16,17 He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; and they shall speak with new tongues.
Matthew 3:16,17 And Jesus, when he was baptised, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo. the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
5. Joshua 3,4 The Crossing of the Jordan River by the Nation of Israel, Before Entering the Promised Land. Twice in the Church Age does the Church touch the reality of Water Baptism and Holy Spirit Baptism: at the beginning and end of the age: the former and latter rain,
Joshua 3:3,4. 4:6-8 And they commanded the people, saying, When ye see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it. Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure: come not near unto it, that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore. That this may be a sign among you, that when your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean ye by these stones? Then ye shall answer them, That the waters of Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord; when it passed over Jordan, that waters of Jordan were cut off; and these stones shall be for a memorial unto the children of Israel forever. And the children of Israel did so as Joshua commanded, and took up twelve stones out of the midst of Jordan, as the Lord spake unto Joshua, according to the number of the tribes of the children of Israel, and carried them over with them unto the place where they lodged, and laid them down there.
The Ark of the Covenant is baptised in water two thousand cubits before the people. This is a picture of the Lord Jesus’ water baptism and death two thousand years before the Church enters the Millenium. The Tabernacle is also baptised in water. This signifies Christ and His Church becoming one in water and Spirit baptism, in His death and resurrection.
6. 2 Kings 2:1-11 Elijah and Elisha Baptised in the Jordan by the Power of Elijah’s Mantle. Water baptism in the power of the Spirit. Christ and His Church are One in this operation.
7. 2 Kings 2:12-15 Elisha is Baptised in Jordan by the Power of Elijah’s Mantle That Had Become His. The Church is empowered by Christ through the Holy Spirit to minister water baptism.
8. 2 Kings 5:1-14 Naaman, the Leper, is Baptised in the Jordan River at the Command of Elisha. Naaman was baptised seven times (a theme in the Word of God which requires diligent consideration); a perfect work. Christ’s baptism and death are perfect. Shows healing for the Body of Christ through His death. Portrays the Gentiles receiving the gospel (healing) and water baptism.
9. 2 Kings 6:1-7 Elisha and the Floating Axehead The axehead was baptised in Jordan, then raised by the Spirit of God.
10. Jonah 1,2 Jonah’s Baptism in Water for Three days and Three Nights The sign of the prophet Jonah
Matthew 12:38-40 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, Master, we would see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall be no sign given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah: For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. From these examples it is seen that the subject of Water Baptism is inseparable from the Death, Burial and Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Every picture shows forth the accomplishment of the Lord Jesus’ death and resurrection.